About Final Draft v9 (**NEW**)
FINAL DRAFT v9 WRITING SOFTWARE – THE INDUSTRY’S #1
Some of the companies that use Final Draft:
There’s no need to learn about script formatting rules because Final Draft automatically formats your script to industry acceptable standards.
Focus your creative energy on the content; let Final Draft take care of the style. It combines powerful word processing with professional script formatting in one self-contained, easy-to-use package. Don’t waste valuable writing time on stringent formatting rules – Final Draft automatically arranges and formats your script to industry standards as you write.
Features of Final Draft 9
Mac Enhancements: Mac users will benefit from the convenience of distraction-free writing in full-screen mode, as well as Retina display compatibility. Additionally, Mac’s built-in dictation feature works with Final Draft, allowing for hands-free writing that’s as fast as your ideas.
Windows Enhancements:The Final Draft 9 user interface is updated to the new Windows ribbon look with new buttons, backgrounds and menus, but longtime users can have the same experience they’ve come to love by switching back to Classic mode.
Text to Speech: Have Final Draft read your script read back to you – you can even assign different voices to your characters. It’s like having a live script reading in your computer.
Import scripts from other word-processing programs:Import a script written with another word-processing program directly into Final Draft and our software will attempt to format that script correctly. If an element is not formatted correctly, you can easily reformat it using the Final Draft keyboard or menu shortcuts.
Dual Dialogue: Format dual dialogue to exacting industry standards with just a simple keyboard or menu shortcut.
Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts: If you prefer keyboard shortcuts and macros you’re already used to, Final Draft allows you to customize your workflow for your writing needs.
And even more Final Draft features:
- More and Continued element including dialogue and Scene breaks.
- SmartType by characters, extensions, scene introductions, locations, times, and transitions.
- Toolbars so the elements you use the most are right on your desktop.
- Spacing in your script.
- Any and all script elements including fonts, paragraph and page styles, shortcut keys, spacing, and indentation.
- Header and Footer including page #, date, scene #, active or collated revisions, and any other label you create
- Macros which are shortcut key combinations for text which is entered repeatedly throughout any script
- Automatic backup folder ensures you never lose your latest script.
- Type and Print your script with the exclusive Final Draft 12-point Courier font.
- Zoom your Script up to 300% for easier viewing and editing.
- Set Bookmarks in your script so you can always find a certain scene or line of dialogue.
- Check your spelling in U.S. English, U.K. English, Canadian English, and 10 other languages. Easily add custom words to Spell-Check.
- Save or Print in PDF.
- Register your script with The Writers Guild of America and other writing organizations.
- Backup your files automatically so you never lose a script.
- Print Script Sides by Character Name
- Print revisions in color.
- Email your Final Draft file from within the program
- Find and Replace words throughout the entire script or just by elements.
- Automatically generate a cast list.
- Normal View: View your script with no spaces between pages.
- Page View: View your script with spaces between pages.
- Speed View: View your script with no breaks or spaces.
- Scene – View Scenes by alphabetical order, longest scene, shortest scene, or script order.
- Location – View locations by time of day, most occurrences, least occurrences, scene introduction, script order, or alphabetical order
- Character – Appearance Summary: Choose a character and view number of times character speaks, how many words character speaks, character she or he most interacts with.
- Character – Scenes and Dialogue: View all scenes and dialogue isolated by character.
- Cast – View how many total dialogues, speaking scenes, and total scenes separated and summarized by character.
- Script – Select and view just the chosen elements in your script such as Scene Headings, Action Lines, or Dialogue.
- ScriptNote – Print out all ScriptNotes marked in your script or view just those ScriptNotes you select.
- Statistic – General Statistics: View total number of words and paragraphs in your script.
- Statistic – Element Statistics: View number and percentage of elements in your script.
- Statistic – Character Statistics: View each character’s number of lines, words, and in which scenes he or she appears.
- Names Database – Find that perfect character name from our list of 90,000 names and add it to your SmartType list of character names.
“You can’t win a race without a champion car. Final Draft is my Ferrari”.
“Fast, intuitive and always state-of-the-art, Final Draft makes me look good and feel old all at the same time”.
Christopher McQuarrie — Writer / Director
VALKYRIE, THE USUAL SUSPECTS, THE WAY OF THE GUN
“If one could marry a program-or even elope with one- I would choose Final Draft. After all it has been a wise, patient and loyal writing partner that has been by my side for almost fifteen years. ”
Guillermo del Toro — Writer / Director / Producer
HELLBOY 2: THE GOLDEN ARMY, HELLBOY, PAN’S LABYRINTH, BLADE 2, THE DEVIL’S BACKBONE
“Even if you don’t own a computer, I recommend buying Final Draft.” JJ Abrams — Writer / Director / Producer / Emmy® winner STAR TREK, SUPER 8, UNDERCOVERS, FRINGE, LOST
“For over twenty years now, Final Draft has shown itself to be the most vital tool available to the screenwriter. Version 9 takes an already superb architecture on to even higher levels, allowing new and very practical ways to organize your workflow. This is not surprising, as Final Draft has consistently strived to innovate and address the concerns of writers working in film.”
Todd Field — Three-time Academy Award® nominated Writer/Director
IN THE BEDROOM, LITTLE CHILDREN
HOW TO PURCHASE – 4 Easy Steps!
1: Click BUY NOW, to purchase Final Draft v9 for PC or Mac (please note you choose which version to download, Mac or PC, at the Download page – you do not need to choose at this point).
2: Follow the on-screen CHECKOUT process and once your purchase is complete, wait a few minutes before checking your email inbox (& junk mail folder) for confirmation containing your unique new Final Draft 9 Customer Number.
3: Follow the instructions to Download, Install, Register and Activate your software.
4. Start writing using Final Draft for Mac or PC!
This is the DOWNLOAD version of Final Draft & your purchase will allow 2 activations – so you can use the software on 2 computers should you wish. For obvious reasons, once you have been sent your Final Draft activation code, no refunds are possible. Please note customers choose which version – PC or Mac – at the Download stage.